Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

131. "Hands on the Wheel" by Willie Nelson


This one was going to be a Braine track, but time ran out and all that made it onto there was Miranda's bassline. So a lot of what ended up on here was meant to be my sloppy guide tracks for the kids to play correctly. It's not ideal, but at this very moment I have to work even more quickly than usual.

Red Headed Stranger has also been covered in its entirety by Carla Bozulich, just a little before the whole-album-cover concept started to get ever so slightly played out. I can't recall offhand what she did to this particular track, but the whole record was quite good. If I were to pick an entire album to cover like that, I'm not quite sure what I would go for... John Cale's Paris 1919 comes to mind; Tom Verlaine's Dream Time would be fun, and if I had to turn it out in really short order I could always do Zuma or Fables of the Reconstruction. I could probably come up with some more interesting ones if I had to, but I gotta go record some Stereolab while I still have a modicum of energy left...

Personnel: Rex, with Miranda on bass

No comments:

Post a Comment