Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

206. "Sweet Ghost of Light" by Robyn Hitchcock



Requested by Ken Ostrander.

No, your eyes don't deceive you (heh)-- the parody/tribute artwork covers have slowly been returning. For those of you who haven't followed 39-40 from the beginning, early on I somehow fell into the habit of creating individual artwork for each of my covers and tying it into the artwork for the song I was covering. It got impractical when I went on vacation in August, and is only now, and falteringly, starting to happen again. This one is particularly cool if you hold it up right next to the cover for the original LP... you get one long pair of eyes.

If 39-40 were in a "cover an entire album" format-- and actually, you reader-requestors totally could conspire to make it just that, with a little solidarity-- I think Eye would be a great candidate for me to tackle. Some songs would get rocked up, some songs would get spaced out, and other would stay low key and acoustic... it seems like the kind of thing one could do without feeling any need to be either too slavish or too experimental, and still preserve the flavor of the record. Which I love, so I may be biased.

Personnel: Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment