Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

141. "The Salad Song (Accompaniment)" by Yamaha Music Foundation


Eden's been asking me to record a theme tune for her ongoing vlogging programs for a while, so I took the opportunity when handed a somewhat cheesy instrumental by the machine. I was initially planning on writing lyrics for this, but I ended up liking the reconfiguration on its own as instrumental theme music. It just got a little more elaborate as it went on. It's been a while since I did one of these relatively straight-up "remix" covers, and it seems that I've gotten a lot better at it along the way, picking up tricks here and there for other purposes that can be integrated into something a lot less clunky than my early efforts. It's probably imperceptible, but I know it's smoother, and that's growth of a kind. Possibly malignant.

The end results owe a great deal to a period of obsessive listening to The Go! Team and overexposure to the theme song to Phineas & Ferb.

Personnel:
Rex ~ musical things
Eden ~ cover art

No comments:

Post a Comment