Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

187. "Books About UFOs" by Hüsker Dü


Requested by Bill Rodeheaver.

I was all about to program the piano part on this, but I wussed out because I couldn't figure out how to scale the MIDI grid (or whatever it is) to the triplet figures that drive this tune. So instead I played the piano part on my mandolin. Which was pretty fair, until I realized that the last time I did a Grant Hart tune I did it all on mandolin, and then the last time I did a Bob Mould tune I started it off on a banjo. Look, I swear I'm not trying to start one of those bluegrass tribute albums, "Pickin' on Hüsker Dü and Its Songwriters"... things just work out that way every once in a while.

What rather a lot of fun it was to sing this song. I'll probably add this to my live repertoire.

Personnel: Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment