Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

262. "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young & Crazy Horse


Another rehearsal recording from Skates & Rays, and honestly not a very good one, several of the guitar solos being veritable clambakes worthy of an Elvis movie. I did make some progress in increasing the sophistication of my live band recording capabilities, although they can't really be detected on this recording. The band really is just now getting back up to speed, and I didn't want to spend too much time nailing an arrangement of this song down-- I had other priorities for the session-- so this is as good as it gets for now. File under "Stopgap Measures"... I just need warm-blooded, audible recordings to get me up to date so I can move on. I can guarantee a few actual decent Skates & Rays tracks before the end of the month... festive, seasonal ones even. Until then, a shambolic lurch through this lovely epic of genocide will have to suffice.

Personnel:
SKATES & RAYS
Rex Broome: Guitar & vocal
Clifford Ulrich: Bass & vocal
Derek Hanna: Drums

1 comment:

  1. i get a "page not found" note when i try and listen to your version.

    ReplyDelete