Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

267. "Divorce Song" by Liz Phair


Okay, you bring up Liz Phair and there are, by now, a set-in-stone cluster of things you're expected to address, and I'm not going to address any of them. This is a hell of a song, though. I learned it, or at least constructed some kind of version of it, to perform at a "divorce party" some friends of mine threw when amicably dissolving their relationship. I didn't perform it there, though; I think I was too worn out from relationship stress in my own life to do anything other than show up and have a laugh. It was a good while ago... can't remember for certain.

The cover ended up miles from where it started. It's not too bad, though.

Personnel: Rex

3 comments:

  1. A really good version of a devastating song. Reminds me a lot of you & I helping pull each other out of the "d" word blues over e-mails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that came to mind for me as well. Good times! It's better now, though, so we win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a friend sing Divorve Song at my divorce party would, no matter how amicable the divorce, freak me out.

    ReplyDelete