Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

90. "Born to Fight" by Green on Red


Listening to Green on Red always makes me happy. I couldn't describe myself as a rabid fan or anything-- I'm still only a few years into really getting them, and they have a lot of records to absorb-- but whenever I hear one of their records, it always seems just right. It's not fair that they get lumped in with all the Paisley Underground bands... they really have few if any true psychedelic leanings. But at the same time, for all their rootsiness, they're never stridently earnest about it. At all. Which makes them all that much more authentic in a way. Maybe it's really just that the Paisley Underground scene shouldn't have been pegged, in name or thought, so directly to '60s revivalism; it was much richer than that. I've been exploring it in some depth for the past few years and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

I did a funny little thing with the arrangement. Maybe it's too cute. I hope the feel of the song is still there, though.

Personnel: Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment