Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

95. "Kream" by Live Skull


I'm not entirely sure, but I think this is the first time I've done a second song from a single album, so I'm grateful that it's a great favorite of mine. If I were doing one of those increasingly popular cover-an-entire-album projects, I guess I'd be well on the way to having Dusted in the bag.

This one is a lot more in line with the usual Live Skull MO than "Alive Again" was, so it was fun to work out the odd textural riffs and voicings on two guitars, and I'm damned proud that the "lead" guitar is really close to the actual part on the record. And it was also cool to be able to retain that sense of menace on nothing more than two acoustic guitars. Always a bonus when adding harmonies makes it sound creepier instead of prettier, too.

Personnel: Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment