Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

106. "Satellite" by Elvis Costello


Bar none the worst cover I've done for 39-40, in no way owing to the participation of my lovely and talented wife. At least it has kind of a concept behind it and I haven't yet devolved to my ultimate nightmare circumstance of, like, reading the lyrics into a cellphone or something.

I wouldn't say that this actually gets better a minute and a half in, but it does get different, so you might consider hanging in there at least that far for a laugh. And the last 50 seconds or so have some entertainment value. Of a sort. Sort of, a.

I'm so glad we recorded this after hanging out with Elvis a month ago... I don't know that I could have faced him having done this.

Personnel: Rex and Gen.

No comments:

Post a Comment