Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

127. "Cowgirl in the Sand" by Neil Young & Crazy Horse


A few procedural things before launching into the usual nonsense. Firsty, today marks the last belabored tribute/parody cover art for a while. The hiatus is necessary because I'm about to go on vacation to my hometown in West Virginia, and not only do I need to focus on getting ready for that, I also have to bang out a bunch of extra cover songs just in case I end up in a travel situation which won't allow me to record anything within a 24 hour timespan. Probably won't happen, but you never know... however, I'm quite likely not to have the time to crank out the cover images to go with said recordings, so I'm putting them on hold until I return. It's also a function of having to leave some of my hardware behind... I am taking mixers, mics, mic stands, guitars and all manner of other paraphernalia, but there's a limit, even for me.

You'll still get a unique cover image for each song. It's just more likely to be a snapshot of something related to the creation of the song or whatever, which, given the different situations in which I'll be recording and the people with whom I'll be collaborating ought to be interesting enough.

So, "Cowgirl in the Sand". Well, I've known how to play this one for more'n twenty years, most like. I pretty much learned to play lead guitar by developing scales as I played along with Neil Young & Crazy Horse records. Over the years I've gotten better. And then worse, and then better again. By all rights my chops should be at an all-time high right now, but one can still have an off night, you know.

Personnel: Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment