Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

44. "Fine Line" by Paul McCartney


Today Paul McCartney becomes the first artist to be chosen by The Machine for 39-40 purposes twice. This is slightly surprising because my solo McCartney holdings are not massive, including only maybe half of his albums, as opposed to, say, Neil Young, whose entire official catalog comprises only roughly 1/3 of the titles attributed to him in my library, and who has yet to surface. However, this is a better tune than that Rasta reindeer deal.

I didn't quite develop a unique take on this song, and by and large this process has become fairly comfortable for me, so it's time to shake things up a little bit. Not that you'd notice; I used this recording as a test of a new method of recording my acoustic in stereo with two very different mics placed in different locations, like a real engineer might do. I'm probably going to be doing a lot of this kind of thing. The net result of the experiment was to increase my irritation with the buzz that my mixer picked up a while back, probably on account of being dropped, and push me towards breaking some more gear out of mothballs. Stand by.

Personnel:
Rex Broome ~ Guitar & vocal

No comments:

Post a Comment